East Gwillimbury Public Library is hosting a Food Pantry for families and individuals in need. Information on employment supports, housing assistance, and other community services will be available.
The pantry is held at the Holland Landing Community Centre, 19513 Yonge Street, Holland Landing. If you or someone you know requires this service, please let them know that they can access the Food Pantry the last Saturday of every month with the exception of December. Visitors will be asked a few short intake questions and required to provide their current address and contact information. Staff will follow provincial guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please contact us at [email protected] or 905-836-6492 if you have questions.
If you wish to support the Food Pantry, here is how you can donate:
- Make a monetary donation online at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/6444 (in the message field, write “Food Pantry”)
- Make a monetary donation in person at the Library. Please note all monetary donations by cheque should be made out to “East Gwillimbury Public Library”. You will be asked to fill out a donation form which will include a notes field for you to include ‘Food Pantry’.
- Purchase a pre-selected bag of food at The Neighbourhood Market (19423 Yonge St, Holland Landing) and leave it with the cashier.
- Drop off non-perishable food items at:
- Holland Landing library branch – at the front desk during library hours.
- Holland Landing Health Centre – hours are listed below.
- Holland Landing Fire Station 24 (19314 Yonge Street, Holland Landing)
- Sharon Corners Presentation Centre (18578 Leslie Street., Sharon, ON)
- Complete a Monetary Donation Form to ensure we have the correct information for tax receipts
Holland Landing Health Centre
19415 Yonge Street, Holland Landing,
Mon: 10am – 7pm
Tue: 9am – 8pm
Wed: 9am – 8pm
Thu: 9am – 8pm
Fri: 9am – 7pm
Sat: 9am – 2pm
The Food Pantry is open on the last Saturday of the month unless stated otherwise.
Pre-registration is not mandatory but appreciated.