East Gwillimbury Public Library is committed to providing equal access for all members of the community to all Library services and collections. To accomplish this, the Library offers the following services or accommodations:
On Site Accessibility
Both branches of the library:
- Are fully wheelchair accessible and conform to all standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA);
- Are single floor branches, with no steps preventing wheelchair access from the entry to the exit;
- Have walkways to designated handicap parking spaces with no curbs and minimal slopes to allow for easy access;
- Have adult computers with a large print setting placed at desks set at a height to allow for wheelchair access.
In the Holland Landing Community Centre, programming can occur in different floors of the structure, but it is accessible through the central elevator in the facility.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our website and its content meet the requirements set out under the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
The East Gwillimbury Public Library maintains collections in a variety of formats, including the following:
- Large print books;
- Books on CD;
- eAudiobooks through our digital library, including Libby (Overdrive) and Hoopla;
- Print alternatives through Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA), which includes books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in formats for people with print disabilities. Anyone who has a visual, physical, or learning disability that affects their ability to read print can sign up for this service. CELA collections use a "Daisy Reader" device, which allows for an enhanced experience with audiobooks, such as line by line reading, placing bookmarks, and better navigational controls.
Home Library Service
We offer a Home Library delivery service, delivering monthly for those who can't make it into the branches.
We welcome feedback on how to make our services more accessible.