EGPL’s annual Write On! contest is officially open!
The Library invites students from grade 3—8 to submit a short story, graphic story or poem related to the topic of diversity.
Submissions are due June 1.
Click here to download the PDF submission form.
Not sure what to write about? Use one of our prompts from below to start your story based on something from your real life or your imagination.
- Write a story that involves a person with a disability
- Pretend you’ve moved to a new neighbourhood or country
- Think about what it would be like to celebrate a holiday from a different culture than your own
- Take a trip somewhere
- Write a story from a different perspective than your own – like the bird’s eye view of writing
Still not sure how to start your story? Why not start your story using one of these prompts:
- When they arrived…
- Where I come from…
- In my room I am…
- On planet earth we are…
- My mother came from…
- My father came from…
- It’s always hard when there’s a new kid in your neighborhood – it’s even tougher when you’re the new kid.
- The moving van slowly pulled out of the driveway while the strange car pulled up on the sidewalk beside their new home.
Get inspired by reading some of our diversity book picks.
Click the book covers to view the books in our catalogue