Facility Closure notice:
The East Gwillimbury Public Library is announcing that all Library Branches will be closing indefinitely. This follows the closure of other Town of East Gwillimbury Facilities in response to the spread of COVID-19. The library is taking these preventative steps in order to preserve the health and well-being of our community. For more information on Town services affected, visit the Town of East Gwillimbury’s COVID-19 update here.
During the Library closures, we ask that you please do not return items to our drop boxes, and only return items during our Curbside Service Hours. Refunds will be offered for any paid programs affected by this closure and will be given once we resume regular operations.
During this closure we have implemented the following:
- Due Dates for all other materials have been extended to July 30, 2020.
- The Library has removed overdue fees during our period of modified service .
- Library card expiry dates are extended to December 31, 2020. No cards will expire until this time.
- Visiting Library Service deliveries are canceled until the Library re-opens.
- Curbside Service has now been made available. For information on hours, visit our curbside page.
Our virtual branch remains open 24/7 at http://www.egpl.ca/digital-library/. From the website, you can access new books, movies, music, as well as courses and crafts for families working from home. We will also be updating social media and our website with ways you can use our digital library during the closure, so be sure to follow the Library on social media!
The Library Board continues to monitor the situation, and will be posting updates on the Library website and social media channels. For inquiries or information, you can contact the Library at [email protected], or contact our Acting Chief Executive Officer, Angela Ramsey at [email protected].