We’re looking for new Library Board members. Deadline to apply is December 31st, 2018. Click here for the application form.
- Care passionately about the East Gwillimbury Public Library?
- Believe in the importance of the Library and its value to the community?
- Want to serve and see the East Gwillimbury Public Library grow and develop?
Join the Library Board and help your Community!
The Library Board
- Appoints a Chief Executive Officer
- Identifies and represents local community needs and interests
- Participates in essential planning
- Secures and manages finances
- Determines policy to govern Library operations
- Promotes and advocates for the Library
- Adheres to the Public Library Act, its regulations and legislation
A Board Member is
- Passionate about public libraries, the community and their synergy
- Ready to devote time and energy to the Library
- Committed to the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Library
- Knowledgeable of the diverse needs of the community and committed to serving and supporting an ever-increasing diversity in our users
- Comfortable with advocacy, marketing, and fundraising, financially literate and/or has other non-profit committee experience
- Interested in supporting the Library as an integral part of the community’s cultural, educational and recreational well-being
- Informed of standards and library trends
- A library user
The Public Libraries Act requires Board Members be:
- At least 18 years of age
- A Canadian citizen
- A resident of the Town of East Gwillimbury
- Not employed by the Library or the Municipality
Term and Commitment
- Appointed for a four (4) year term concurrent with the term of Municipal Council
- Attend monthly meetings from September to June, on the fourth Monday of the month at 7 pm.
- Participate on committees that meet as required
- This is a volunteer position
If this sounds like something you are interested in download the PDF application attached below and submit filled out applications to:
Fernando Lamanna, Deputy Clerk
Legal and Council Support Services
Town of East Gwillimbury
1900 Leslie Street
(905) 478-4282 ext 1240
Library Board Application Form (pdf)