East Gwillimbury Public Library provides wireless access in both its Holland Landing and Mount Albert Branches.
Patrons can connect to the Internet through their laptops and other mobile devices and avoid having to wait for one of the Library’s Internet workstations to become available. This service is accessible from any location within either branch, including quiet study areas.
Wireless service is available during the Library’s regular hours of operation to anyone with a current East Gwillimbury Public Library card and to Visitors. Patrons need to provide their own wireless-ready device. Instructions for printing can be found below.
All wireless users are expected to act in a lawful and respectful manner. By connecting to the Library wireless network, users are required to conform to the conditions outlined in the Public Internet Use Policy.
For instructions on how to connect to the wireless Internet, please read our Wireless Brochure.
Wireless Printing Instructions
Follow these instructions to print from your laptop 1. Once you are logged into the wireless network go to http://172.20.3.5:30044/clientlauncher (Holland Landing Branch) OR http://172.21.4.2:30044/clientlauncher (Mount Albert Branch) to open the screen below (be sure to type the http:// part). Click on the link to run the Print Client. For users with Vista; you will first need to turn on your "Guest” account (please refer to Microsoft Help/Support for instructions). After running our program, you will be prompted to download a driver for the printer.
2. Click on Run when you are asked if you want to run or save a file. Click on Run on the screen that warns about an “Unknown Publisher”. Click on Allow if you are told that “An unidentified program wants access to your computer”.
3. Click on Accept if you see an End User Agreement box, and wait until the message that says “Please wait – registering with print service” disappears.
4. Click on Print from the menu of the application you’re using. In the Print dialog box (below, left), choose the HL B&W $0.25 per page on 172.20.3.5 printer, and then click Print.
5. You’ll be asked to enter a User ID (above right). Choose anything you like (but something that is easy to remember), and click OK. Click OK when you see the page with the total cost. Click OK when you see the message “Your job has been received.”
6. Go to the Check Out Desk. You will be asked for the User ID that you chose. Your print jobs will be printed after payment is received.
7. When you’re ready to shut down the computer, click on Stop Print Client if you see this box (right) on your screen. If you get the message “This program might not have installed correctly” just click Cancel.
If you have any questions, we will be happy to assist you at the Information Desk.