The East Gwillimbury Public Library was created by Council bylaw in 1974 to provide library service for residents with branches in Holland Landing, Queensville and Mount Albert. However, stand-alone libraries had been formed as early as 1890 in Queensville and 1898 in Mount Albert.
While branches and locations may have changed over the years, today East Gwillimbury Public Library is a modern two-branch system. The recently refurbished Holland Landing Branch was built in 1985. Open 43 hours per week, it occupies 7,500 square feet and shares space with the Holland Landing Community Centre. The smaller Mount Albert Branch, built in 1998, occupies 6,000 square feet and is open 40 hours per week. It is a joint facility, paired with the Ross Family Complex.
The Library is governed by a Board under the legislative authority of the Public Libraries Act, R.S.O. 1990 and is comprised of 10 residents appointed by the Town of East Gwillimbury Council.
More About Your Library
- About the Library
- Programs & Events
- Research & Online Resources
- Reading & Entertainment